Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sleep-In Sunday in Elizabeth Cotton Liberty London PJs

On Sunday I had the pleasure of sleeping in, which is unusual, and the even more distinct pleasure of remaining in my pajamas all. day. long.

Still, I felt like I was "dressed," because I've broken out a Christmas gift from last year: a pair of Elizabeth Cotton pajamas in one of my beloved Liberty London prints.

This print is Sheona Rose, and it reminds me of an early Mary Katrantzou digital floral, or a Kate Spade more-recent digital floral, but it's all Liberty and luscious.

Lest this gushing sound like a PR pitch, let me assure that I'm simply remembering that rare luxuriant time where I could stay at home, drink coffee, and write articles in my PJs--without feeling schlumpy in the least!

Elizabeth Cotton used to offer summer Liberty PJs as well--shorts and a sleeveless pajama top. I'd be happy if they returned, as I could imaging myself adding a cardigan and sandals and running an errand, if need be, on a summer's morning.

I think the day also felt delightful because I'd saved a gift from Christmas 2016 for a later date. A pleasure for me is to buy something, forget about it (usually unintentionally), and then unearth it months later and enjoy it. This happens rarely because I usually buy what I need there and then, but this summer in Ireland I also bought some woolen mittens that I'm looking forward to wearing this year. Or maybe next.

No comments: