Thursday, November 16, 2017

On the Fringe: Caroline Kilkenny Cape

I have a talent for buying eccentric but beautiful pieces that go with nothing I own. They languish in my closet until I decide to play dress-up in my room, every few years or so, or I finally give up and sell them on eBay.

When I was in Dublin this summer I popped into Kilkenny's on Nassau St., where I promptly found just what I hadn't been looking for: a cream silk twill capelet that just covered the shoulders, with cascading cream silk fringe by Caroline Kilkenny.

It made no sense with anything in my closet, so I bought it.

My trip ended in late July, and the capelet is still in its bag, though I have taken it out to try on a couple of times and to admire it.

I don't know whether I'll ever wear it out of my house, but the pleasure it gives me, nevertheless, is worth it.

The cape above is decidedly not my cape, though it would be a caper if I pursued it too.

No comments: