Sunday, November 12, 2017

Miss C, the OG of the Blazer as a Dress?

I turned on my computer the other day to learn that the fashion world had gone amok over blazers worn as dresses.
















There was Gigi Hadid . . .





















Diane Kruger . . .


Kaia Gerber . . .


          Joan Smalls . . .



















and even Reese Witherspoon gave it a whirl.


All I can say is, "STEP ASIDE, YOUNGSTERS."

I was wearing this look back in 1987, when I separated my Willi Wear tuxedo jacket from its matching wide-leg trousers and wore it as a dress to a Christmas celebration (below and far above). The sleeves were too long; I tucked them under, eventually.


I liked this jacket-as-dress so much that I got married in it four years later. In fact, I still have it in my closet, and while I may not wear it on its own any more, I like the reminder of my youth. My tuxedo "madeleine," if you will.



No comments: