Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Rumour with a View: Meghan and Harry's Marital Home?

I've said on this blog many a time that I'm not a wedding person (I love marriage, though!), but I've got a case of wedding fever over Meghan Markle's impending nuptials to Prince Harry.

I'm mentally assembling the ingredients for my May trifle, which I'll serve to my students, and which I've made only once before, for Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding.


But at the risk of getting ahead of the wedding party, today I'm thinking about the "news" that the young couple may have purchased Luckington Court, a home in the Cotswalds. This home has a cinematic lineage, as it was home to the Bennets in the 1995 Pride and Prejudice TV series.


I'll be teaching a class on Jane Austen in a couple of months, and might take a virtual visit to Longbourne (oops--Luckington) then.

Until then, isn't it a truth universally acknowledged, that a young couple in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a house?


No comments: